Gourmet Food & Wine Tour from Queenstown
Experience an indulgent and diverse full day tour showcasing the very best sights and tastes from the Central Otago region. Let your experienced local guide lead you on a tasting journey through three contrasting Central Otago wine sub-regions - Gibbston, Bannockburn and Cromwell.
Enjoy a guided tour through New Zealand’s largest underground wine cave and savor a unique lunch with 5 dishes cooked in retired oak barrels and perfectly matched with 5 wines.
You will also have an opportunity to retrace history with a visit to the historical settlements of Arrowtown and Old Cromwell (when time and weather permit). Learn about the early pioneering history and how the wine region was formed through an array of fun facts and interesting stories from your knowledgeable wine guide.
For your final indulgence of the day, you will be given some artisan chocolates to enjoy before returning to your Queenstown pick-up location.
Rates - including tax
Tour / Activity Details
Please Note: See Special Schedule Details. Hotel pickups occur between 9:00 am and 9:55 am, based on location.
3 Days Minimum Advance Booking Required. Minimum age is 6. Minimum 2 persons per order. Legal drinking age in New Zealand is 18. Tour includes complimentary pickups from locations in the Queenstown Central Business District and in the Arrowtown area. Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
COVID-19 Protocols Updates
- The New Zealand government has outlined a five-step reopening plan. The border is now open to New Zealand citizens coming from anywhere in the world. By May 1, fully vaccinated people from Australia or visa waiver countries - including the United Kingdom, the United States and many European nations -- will be able to enter New Zealand and self-test on arrival. By October, all visa categories will reopen, including visitor visas.
- If you have not been vaccinated and do not have an exemption, the tour operator regrets that for the safety of all its guests, staff and communities, you will not be able to tour with them at this time. Please schedule your visit to a later date (once you are fully vaccinated). You will be asked during the ordering process to verify that all persons in your party will present a Covid-19 Vaccination Pass.
- Face coverings are required aboard the vehicles.
- Other protocols such as 1 meter social distancing and seated tastings may be incorporated by the vineyards.
Special Schedule Details
- This tour does not operate on Good Friday, ANZAC DAY in April or December 25.
- ACCESSIBILITY - This tour can accommodate a passenger in a fold-up wheelchair if the passenger can step up into and down out of the travel van, sitting in a normal vehicle seat.
- FOOD RESTRICTIONS - In order for the guides to accommodate any dietary requirements, any and all dietary restrictions (such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, allergies, etc.) must be specified at the time of booking. You will be asked during the ordering process to provide this information.
- PASSENGERS' AGE RANGES - You will be asked during the ordering process to specify the age ranges of each member of your party to assist your guides in planning the trip.
- LEGAL DRINKING AGE - The legal drinking age in New Zealand is 18 and government-issued photo IDs will be required in order to drink alcoholic beverages.
- Roundtrip transportation from hotels in the Queenstown Central Business District
- Tastings at four premium locations (3 vineyards and a lunch venue)
- Visit Gibbston, Bannockburn and Cromwell
- Exquisite 5-dish gourmet lunch with matching wines at The Stoaker Room
- Tour through Gibbston Valley Wine Cave
- Cheeseboard to accompany one wine tasting
- Artisan chocolate gift box
- Short visit to historic Arrowtown and/or Old Cromwell (time and weather-permitting)
- Full commentary on the sights, wine and history of the region
- Additional food & drinks not specified as included in the tour
- Optional guide gratuities
What to Bring/Wear
- Comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather; during transitional seasons, layered clothing is suggested, as the weather conditions can change quickly
- Comfortable walking shoes
3 Days Minimum Advance Booking Required. Minimum age is 6. Minimum 2 persons per order. Tour includes complimentary pickups from locations in the Queenstown Central Business District and in the Arrowtown area. Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.